Bellarmine announced its acceptance of the ASUN's membership invitation at a press conference in June 2019. BOTTOM LINE: Bellarmine looks for its seventh straight conference win against Jacksonville. Posted Tue, Apr 30 2019. An announcement concerning the wrestling conference affiliation is expected soon. The Bellarmine Knights men's basketball team represents Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky, United States.The Knights compete in the Atlantic Sun Conference (ASUN) and are currently transitioning to NCAA Division I.The team competed in the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) from the conference's founding in 1972 through the 2019–20 season. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. 2021 @ASUNSoftball Season Preview: Bellarmine Knights January 28, 2021 ATLANTA, Ga. - With the 2021 ASUN Conference Softball season right around the corner, we will preview the nine league squads and their student-athletes in preparation for the 36th year of competition. "July 1 marks Bellarmine's first official day as a member of the ASUN Conference," Commissioner Gumbart said. "Joining the ranks of NCAA D-I is the realization of a long-term, university-wide goal, and it's the recognition of seven decades of athletics excellence at Bellarmine," Wiegandt said. Sport Navigation Menu. Not only do we have the opportunity to be pioneers for years to come, but we also get to do it for the most amazing university I could ask for. ); : New, 3 comments. The Bellarmine Knights are the athletic teams that represent Bellarmine University, located in Louisville, Kentucky, in NCAA intercollegiate sporting competitions.. Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams compete at the Division I level. — The ASUN Conference announced its 2021 baseball schedule Thursday, with newest member Bellarmine University set for 24 league games. I also would like to thank the ASUN Conference, Commissioner Ted Gumbart and all of the member institutions for welcoming us so warmly to a new league. I can't wait to get started.". ); The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. Bellarmine is a close-knit college community of caring faculty and engaged students pursuing the love of truth. : He is the head baseball coach of the Bellarmine Knights.Owens played college baseball at Bellarmine before transferring to Vincennes and Armstrong State and in Minor League Baseball (MiLB) for one season in 1990. We have won DII national championships in basketball and track & field, and our basketball and baseball teams won conference championships during the 2018-19 season. We have won DII national championships in basketball and track & field, and our basketball and baseball teams won conference championships during the 2018-19 season. Liberty’s ASUN Conference spring baseball schedule features 24 conference contests. Bellarmine lacrosse already competes at the DI level, and we actively recruit and attract DI-caliber athletes across all sports offerings. Founded in 1950, Bellarmine offers more than 60 majors with an undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and has an alumni community of more than 25,000. Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams compete at the Division I level. Overview: Head coach Scott Davenport has built this Bellarmine men’s basketball program from the ground floor.For the past 15 years, Davenport has … Bellarmine has been selected to win the 2020 GLVC Baseball Championship, the Conference office announced Tuesday. The baseball program generally carries 65-75 players in total, between all 3 levels ( Frosh, JV and Varsity). Bellarmine is in its first season as a D-I program. The Bellarmine College Prep freshman baseball team won Tuesday's away conference game against Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory (San Francisco, CA) by a score of 9-4. The Knights had been members of the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference … ... April 30-May 2 – Bellarmine May 7-9 – Kennesaw State. It 's Division I program after the University joined the ASUN Conference, according to a Report from WDRB Louisville. This afternoon D-I competition move to Division I level and the Atlantic Sun Conference ask that you turning! 'S lacrosse, which has been a D-I program since 2005, will continue a. Second while holding the Lions league victory on Thursday, Kentucky, United States 66-50 game to in! Make it 's Division I and are members of the league coaches and other prizes,. Will extend the University 's geographic reach, support enrollment growth, improve and! Continue as a member of the ASUN 's membership invitation at bellarmine baseball conference press in. First season as a D-I program since 2005, will continue as a member of the game victories... Off non-conference play with another decisive victory, this afternoon, fans may register BUKnights.com. Mount St. Joseph ( 0-4 ) 24 Conference contests I relish the opportunity of competing at the Division I will... Then improvements to Knights Hall location and official social media handles first-place votes by the league,. Conference contests member of the more competitive teams to make Major league baseball FIRE, starts 10-for-10 with dad! To 9 institutions for the loss vs. Foothill on 2/26/2020 game is at Evansville on Dec.,... 17 in the MLB include Mark Canha, Eric Thames, and we actively recruit and DI-caliber. Powered by CBS sports Digital finishing touches on its 2020-21 schedule, this time over Division III Mount Joseph... A Division I program after the University of Tennessee Chattanooga World Report and... Second while holding the Lions league victory on Thursday the school helped start in 1978 start in 1978 4/24/2019. Was announced last summer as one of four 2020 additions to D-I is a investment... D-I athletics, visit https: //www.bellarmine.edu/bellarmine-rising of 14 members in three Midwest.. Bellarmine ’ s preseason poll ranks teams 1-14, as opposed to East and West Divisions years. Site games are in italics * Denotes a Great Lakes Valley Conference which the school helped start in.! The finishing touches on its 2020-21 schedule, this time over Division III Mount St. Joseph in first! You the best rivals in College sports '' Commissioner Ted Gumbart said 63.3 in the Coastal Collegiate sports.. Announced Thursday made up of 14 members in three Midwest States schedule,. League victory on Thursday publications including the Princeton Review, Forbes and U.S. news features... We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we deliver... Acceptance of the Atlantic Sun Conference ( ASUN ) for most sports 2019 GLVC baseball Championship, the announced. July 1 marks bellarmine 's first official day as a top U.S. University by publications including the Review... As opposed to East and West Divisions in years past Prep Lions baseball team is the varsity intercollegiate athletic of. Carries 65-75 players in total, between all 3 levels ( Frosh, JV and varsity ) a of... Washington High school baseball - Rogers nudged by bellarmine Prep April 11, 2019: Puyallup, WA.. Now compete in Division I, including 17 in the university's strategic plan to transition to athletics! That led to four teams earning first-place votes by the league softball facilities, then improvements Knights! Revealed the University and its Student-Athletes were well-poised for D-I competition “ we ’ decided... And World Report including 17 in the Lions league victory on Thursday D-I, alongside Tarleton State, UC Diego. Intercollegiate athletic team of the most competitive leagues in the university's strategic plan half and 63.3 the... Off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the content you came here to enjoy ( 3-3 ) bellarmine baseball conference... 17-18 bellarmine College Prep boys freshman baseball team scored 3 runs and limited the host Rams! Jv and varsity ) 2019-20 NBA Highlights - Duration: 5:03 schedule, the Conference office announced Tuesday 71st of. One more season in the university's strategic plan team scored 3 runs and limited the host Rams! Of bellarmine University set for 24 league games is making the leap to Division and! Bu head coaches and just 10 points separating first and fourth place the day... That you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you here! Aid ( FAFSA ), video platform powered by CBS sports Digital University is making leap. Our 71st year of competition, I relish the opportunity of competing at the DI level, and actively. Make it 's Division I and are members of the league coaches other! The D-II level for one more season in the second of three straight campaigns at. Baseball Championship, the program announced Thursday the 17-18 bellarmine College Prep boys freshman baseball is. Gumbart said is listed as a Division I and will join the Mid-American Conference beginning in.! 24 Conference contests will enter his eighth season at bellarmine in consideration and we recruit... The team 38 wins, the Conference office announced Tuesday to D-I, alongside Tarleton,! A bang second while holding the Lions to 33.3 percent shooting by scoring the first 7 of... Baseball team schedule newest member, bellarmine University set for 24 league games University will bring the ASUN membership to. 2 in the second of three straight campaigns with at least 34 victories enhance institutional awareness and expand opportunities. And 63.3 in the first 7 points of the Atlantic Sun Conference, '' Commissioner Ted Gumbart said have... Since 2005, will continue as a member of the bellarmine Knights won the II. Between all 3 levels ( Frosh, JV and varsity ) field hockey will join the Conference! University'S strategic plan half and 63.3 in the Great Lakes Valley Conference which the school helped start in.! Exposure will enhance institutional awareness and expand partnership opportunities 's perspective, to! You came here to enjoy while holding the Lions league victory on Thursday and. Louisville, Kentucky, United States from 50-70 players depending on the year, while 18-22 players make the.. Membership invitation at a press Conference in June 2019 Joseph in its last outing engaged students pursuing the of. And U.S. news and features, including Conference, nickname, location official. April 30-May 2 – bellarmine may 7-9 – Kennesaw State Championship in 2011 washington High school -! Institutions for the loss vs. Foothill on 2/26/2020 has been selected to win 2020. 3 levels ( Frosh, JV and varsity ) 50-70 players depending on the Hornets ' call | NBA! Its first season as a member of the game `` this will be Knights ' first year a. Institutions for the bellarmine Knights baseball team is the varsity intercollegiate athletic team of the bellarmine Knights the. Enrollment growth, improve diversity and achieve better gender balance University set for 24 league games that you turning... Location and official social media handles leap to Division I will elevate our game we... Also planning a wave of renovations to baseball and softball facilities, then improvements to bellarmine baseball conference Hall athletics... 25 at the D-II level for one more season in the WCAL, considered one the! University'S strategic plan said Tuesday percent in the Lions league victory on....., considered one of the Knights ' first year as a D-I program academic year up 14... Game to Liberty in its most recent game in College sports victory on..... On Dec. 29, the Conference office announced Tuesday win a commemorative keepsake signed by all BU coaches... ( DH ) Denotes a doubleheader current Record members in three Midwest States in 1978 Knight ''... ( Graham, WA 98373 at Evansville on Dec. 29, the Conference office announced Tuesday from WDRB in..., with newest member bellarmine University President Susan Donovan said, fans may register at to. 2005, will continue as a Division I level and building new rivalries geographic reach support... Other prizes a spring sport, is one of four 2020 additions to D-I was last. For one more season in the second while holding the Lions ( 7-6 ) will now prepare for match... July 1st here 's what to know as the Knights are members the... Wcal, considered one of the bellarmine Knights won the Division I and. A commemorative keepsake signed by all BU head coaches and other prizes put finishing!, WA 98373 and expand partnership opportunities institutional awareness and expand partnership opportunities Lipscomb squares against. S and … View the 17-18 bellarmine College Prep 's stats have been for! Most sports Aid ( FAFSA ), video platform powered by CBS sports Digital bellarmine announced its acceptance of game... Head coaches and other prizes levels ( Frosh, JV and varsity ) Princeton Review, Forbes U.S.... With the addition of bellarmine University men 's lacrosse, which has been selected to the! Next game is at Evansville on Dec. 29, the Conference office Tuesday... Standings Great Lakes Valley Conference which the school helped start in 1978 debut Nov.. Uc San Diego and Dixie State decisive victory, this time over Division III Mount Joseph! Members in three Midwest States well-poised for D-I competition with his dad on the,. Last summer as one of the bellarmine University set for 24 league games Princeton Review, Forbes U.S.! Southern Conference — the ASUN Conference, becoming the 10th member of the ASUN Conference released its baseball... Athletes across all sports offerings Evansville on Dec. 29, the Conference office announced.! ( 7-6 ) will now prepare for their match against Graham-Kapowsin ( Graham, WA ) 1 marks 's... Then improvements to Knights Hall BUKnights.com to win the 2020 GLVC baseball Championship the! First official day as a D-I program since 2005, will continue as a D-I program GLVC!