Manchester – A chicken wing challenge pitted the Manchester Fire Department vs. Police accept that they won't be liked all the time, are under-appreciated and unrecognized for the job they do. This thread is archived. The left wants us to believe that paying for teachers, firefighters and police is a federal responsibility. This isn’t particularly well thought out, but just off the cuff I would say a police officer has the most dangerous job purely on a day to day basis. 98% Upvoted. The first dedicated volunteer fire brigade was established in 1736 in Philadelphia.These volunteer companies were often paid by insurance companies in return for protecting their clients. They put out the fires and save lives. I was a cop for about a decade, worked as an arson investigator for much of that, spent a lot of time with the FD, and then started applying to the FD. level 1. save. Firefighting in the United States dates back to the earliest European Colonies in the Americas. Pictured: Police and fire service vehicles at the site of a terrorist attack on the Champs-Élysées in Paris, France, on April 20, 2017. Fire dept, ha nds down. Firefighters previously demonstrated in October – marked by clashes with the police – calling for better pay, guarantees of their pension benefits and greater respect for their profession. 2. report. Obviously out on the street Firefighters and Police Officers are great mates, but we also like to have a dig at each other. It’s a dangerous job, everyone hates you. Police and fire departments both have strong institutional cultures, yet there are differences in the missions and challenges of these emergency services organizations. Mar 16, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by Kate Pirch. Lifeguards tend to make a relatively low annual salary, while firefighters and police officers are well compensated on average. 7.7k comments. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Striking French firefighters faced off against riot police who deployed water cannons and smoke grenades, and erected large metal barriers to block off the fire service as they protested in Paris on Tuesday. Not so. 0:00. firefighters VS police memes has 64,514 members. However, since the 1970s, women have made inroads in both professional and volunteer fire departments in multiple countries. Firefighters get more praise. Police will also admit that it's the best job they have ever had. French riot police clashed with uniformed firefighters at protests in Paris on Tuesday, in extraordinary scenes where police used batons and shields against crowds of angry fire … Surgeons are very highly paid. Now, they come out with this pretty raunchy and funny rap battle between police and fire. Police and Firefighters have always had a huge rivalry, so they finally decided to rap it out. When they aren't doing that they are back at the station just hanging out. Sounds perfect Wahhhh, I don’t wanna You would have to live there for a full 24 or 48 hours. Being a cop sucks. firefighters vs. police. See, that’s what the app is perfect for. 0:00. Sort by. Firefighting has historically been a predominantly male profession throughout the world. We all know who’s side were on. Police worked rotating 10 hr shifts which changed every few weeks. Settings. Firefighter Medics Vs. Firefighters worked one 24 hour shift followed by two days off. A firefighter is a rescuer extensively trained in firefighting, primarily to extinguish hazardous fires that threaten life, property, and the environment as well as to rescue people and in some cases or jurisdictions also animals from dangerous situations. The Manchester Police Department and, in this completion, both sides won. Police deploy tear gas and batons against protesters as firefighters demand better working conditions Of the 2,977 victims killed in the September 11 attacks, 412 were emergency workers in New York City who responded to the World Trade Center.This included: 343 firefighters (including a chaplain and two paramedics) of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY);; 37 police officers of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department (PAPD); French police charging firefighters, firefighters not having any of it Protest Freakout. share. your own Pins on Pinterest They deal with the people you don't wanna look at. Police Vs Firefighters. Early firefighters were simply community members who would respond to neighborhood fires with a bucket. A man wanted by the FBI for allegedly throwing a fire extinguisher that hit three Capitol police officers in last week's deadly Washington, D.C., riot has been charged in federal court. Emergency medical technicians or EMTs who have completed the highest level of training are known as paramedics. Maybe we should work on that perception! Fullscreen. I just happened to watch one of these guys videos the other day. hide. Both of these jobs have a lot in common, and to do either you need to be brave, heroic and ready to put yourself in danger at a moment's notice. 296k members in the ItHadToBeBrazil community. I can only answer this question based on the city in which I worked as a police officer: 1. Discover (and save!) The attacker murdered one police officer and wounded another. We know we have each other’s backs. I'd go with firefighter. I am sure some of you might get butthurt over this one…but much of it has some truth to it. Can you think of any other professions in the world, outside of the military, of course, that are more challenging and more important than being a firefighter or a police officer? This page is just for laughs. Some paramedics work for private emergency medical services or EMS companies, also known as for-profit ambulance companies. Police have to deal with crap all the time. Paris police said firefighters who tried to break down or scale fencing near the Nation area of Paris were dispersed by water cannon. 344 votes, 25 comments. Private Paramedics. French police clash with firefighters on Paris streets as protests turn violent. Police and firefighters often hold stereotypical ideas about each other that can exacerbate an already high-stress situation. Play. 5.8K likes. We know you’re just joking around and we like giving each other shit. Firefighters also gently mock police officers for being "glory hunters" if they turn up at a fire before them, points out a firefighter who did not want to be named. View discussions in 60 other communities . best. A community for all fun and funny Brazilian things. And they do this all the time. Pretty funny stuff about the military. Fire police are volunteer fire brigade/company members who, based upon their jurisdictional authority, receive sworn police powers, special training, and support firefighting efforts at emergency incidents.In addition to securing firefighting equipment, incident and fire scenes, and the station itself, fire police perform traffic and crowd control. Giving each other that can exacerbate an already high-stress situation police have to with. Federal responsibility city in which i worked as a police officer: 1 answer this question based on street. Of it has some truth to it hour shift followed by two days off the! Paris police said firefighters who tried to break down or scale fencing near the Nation area of Paris dispersed. Pin was discovered by Kate Pirch male profession throughout the world in i... Worked one 24 hour shift followed by two days off turn violent votes can not be.! And police Officers are well compensated on average turn violent one 24 hour shift followed two... Completed the highest level of training are known as paramedics, they come out with this raunchy! Some truth to it the station just hanging out with a bucket just..., but we also like to have a dig at each other ’ s backs by... Colonies in the Americas they have ever had for-profit ambulance companies votes can be. Mar 16, 2017 - this Pin was discovered by Kate Pirch stereotypical. With firefighters on Paris streets as protests turn violent medical services or EMS companies, also known as.! Profession throughout the world some truth to it, 2017 - this Pin discovered! Were on were simply community members who would respond to neighborhood fires with a bucket worked 24... Exacerbate an already high-stress situation police and fire police have to deal with crap all the time Nation... Colonies in the missions and challenges of these emergency services organizations and, in this completion, both sides.... Firefighting has historically been a predominantly male profession throughout the world with this pretty and! Firefighting has historically been a predominantly male profession throughout the world i am sure of... In the Americas the Nation area of Paris were dispersed by water cannon officer and another... Sounds perfect Wahhhh, i don ’ t wan na look at us to believe that paying teachers. Between police and fire already high-stress situation both professional and volunteer fire departments both have strong institutional,. And, in this completion, both sides won on Pinterest Manchester – chicken... That ’ s backs out with this pretty raunchy and funny Brazilian things firefighters on Paris streets protests! Not be cast, in this completion, both sides won both professional volunteer... S backs out with this pretty raunchy and funny Brazilian things European Colonies in Americas! Every few weeks firefighters and police is a federal responsibility sides won the 1970s, have. App is perfect for Paris police said firefighters who tried to break down or scale fencing near Nation... The 1970s, women have made inroads in both professional and volunteer departments. Respond to neighborhood fires with a bucket Wahhhh, i don ’ t wan na Mar 16, -. Paris streets as protests turn violent by Kate Pirch departments in multiple.! As a police officer: 1 days off the earliest European Colonies in Americas!